Increasingly we turn to the web or an app for goods and services. Both provide the ideal shop window for any business wanting to be seen and heard. Apps have a further appeal because by their nature they are mobile.
Mobile media has become the number ONE media for consumers. To ignore this is to limit your business opportunities, reduce your market share and frankly, be left behind…the word on Commercial Street is written large and clear, get a mobile app, bring your website up to speed and link the two. You could even look into ipad rental and get your whole employee base connected up and see how it could improve efficiency, proven effective in most industries now.
There are other ways that businesses can use apps too. For example, cannabis businesses such as hemp farms can now use a seed to sale app to monitor the growth of their marijuana crops. Ultimately, no matter what sector you work in, embracing technology can help your business find new ways to stand out from the crowd.
Smartphone ownership is growing. Here’s a quick check-list of the benefits of an app for business small or large, established or start up.
- An App will help grow your business, increase incomes, turnover and cash flow.
- An app is always on, always available and always putting your brand in front of your customers.
- An App will help promote your identity, your brand and your perceived image as modern and up to date. Your business icon will be visible on the user’s phone.
- Add Push Notification and you have an immediate and easy to manage direct communication channel to those of your clients who have downloaded the app. For marketing departments this is the Holy Grail. Engage with your customers!
- Apps will enable you to collect and collate information from your consumer base. What they like and what they want.
- Retain existing customers by communicating with them through the app.
- Keep updating the app either through inbuilt content management system or by refreshing content through your developer periodically.
Link the app to your website. A simple URL link will take your customers to your website where they can purchase goods, register their needs and more. All on the move. The mobile website in conjunction with the mobile app is here to stay and whilst many businesses have already seen the opportunities the combination offers, many are yet to adopt this beautiful synergy of app and website. In a couple of years the picture will be different as competition drives business’s investment into this channel. If they ignore it or leave it until later, their competitors will steal a march on them and grab market share. The advice from those who have already shifted gear would be; act now, bring the app and website relationship to life for your business.
There are, in addition, a plethora of productivity apps which have helped business’s . The streamlining of working practice through communications and data collection, formatting and transmission in real time has sped up so many processes, reduced paper trails and increased overall efficiencies. Each month there are new releases and not all of these are distributed widely. There are many thousands of Enterprise release apps which have helped business’s gain an edge on their competitors.
Here at AppDevelopersUK we have created several business apps in this category and know from first hand testimony how powerful these apps can be out there in the field. One client commissioned us to create an app which links to their in house database of over 50 thousand component parts, each with a varying price. These can be schematically created on an iPad on the customer’s premises to give a real immediacy and to create a superb sales opportunity, whether it be fulfilling a need of the customer or up-selling. A business without an app is like a business without a website. Lost and rarely found.